I’m busy working on the homlab trying my best to duplicate a homelabber and failing miserably. But more information will be coming on that later.
For now I found a great KB that needs some sharing! VMware has been known for some great pointers to fix issues. This one fell into my lap from an issue I was seeing.
So every VRealize Automation environment is different so let me be straight. This change will only help vRO extensiblility actions and automations. For me it was a good improvement over the vRO XaaS workflows that I had published.
We were seeing timeouts and errors showing “Form not found” when trying to open workflows that had actions to pull specific information(AD, VSphere, etc.) because of this the workflows were in the tank and sometimes even IaaS Deployments would return with an error 400.
The KB can be found here: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2147109
Open the /usr/lib/vco/app-server/bin/setenv.sh file using a text editor.
- Modify the memory by setting the Xmx and Xms values to the MB value required.For example:
2.5 GB memory is allocated to each Xmx and Xms(this is the default setting):
JVM_OPTS=”$JVM_OPTS –Xmx2560m –Xms2560m -Xmn896m -XX:MetaspaceSize=512m -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=1024m -Xss256k”
- Edit the /etc/vr/memory-custom file using a text editor.
- Add this entry:add_service_mem vco-server *NUMBER*
Note: The *NUMBER* is equal to the sum of -Xmx and -MetaspaceSize as configured in step #1. The memory is in MB.
- Stop the vRealize Appliance and increase/decrease the memory to match the increased/decreased memory of the vRealize Orchestrator.
- Start the vRealize Appliance.
- Repeat steps #1 to #6 to rest of the nodes in the cluster.
Just a short, quick blog for today, but this was a very good change for me, and I saw a marked improvement in response time from my embedded vRO.
Hopefully some hilarity from homelabbing coming, but I hope it helps someone out there. Some highlights:
- ISP MAC LOCKING!
- WAN +2LAN2? or WAN+LAN2??
- MODEM TO WHAT ON THE WAAAAAT???
- “Its just making them talk to each other right?”